cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIX THE CATALOG BROWSER

FIX THE CATALOG BROWSER

In the Catalog Browser, if you select a different category because you had it pointing to the wrong one, the search box is rewritten to some random phrase, and you have to re-type the search phrase. Please keep the search phrase the same when the Category is changed.

3 Comments
Icemanau
Mentor

The current search system in the catalogue browser is an abomination.

No matter what the programmers say, it does not work faster and it is a lot harder for people to use.

I find myself pulling out the physical catalogues to look up part numbers to type into the search bar to find component entries. Needless to say that this is counter productive and a waste of paper.

They need to stop and listen to all the users and go back to the previous search method which was a hell of a lot easier to use and faster. You could narrow down the search parameters by a hell of a lot just by using the drop down boxes under the headings.

Regards Brad

jamorrison
Advocate
Brad, Preach it brother!!! I am hoping if I suggest a few small edits, they may actually do something. I also do not understand why the Catalog browser went in a backwards direction.
dshood
Advocate

I am with all of you and did not upgrade to the newer version for the longest time just because of the new catalog lookup!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta