cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balloons And Object Snaps

Balloons And Object Snaps

When OSnaps are turned on, balloons will randomly have insertion issues. The command should turn off the OSNaps before adding leaders and balloons and then turn the OSnaps back on afterwards with the users settings intact. This happens most frequently when using multiple catalogs and a part number basis but rears its ugly head in other instances from time to time. Especially when OSnaps include Center, Midpoint and Intersection.

3 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find having Osnaps on helpful, I run end, mid, quad, and center as a standard. We need mid/end to actually touch the component on the rail, then quad/end to try and stack bubbles next to each other (unrelated bubbles, large panel, small components means we can't put a leader on all components, so we leader the first one, then run a long string of bubbles in the order of the components on the rail).

like this...

Capture.JPG

the only time I have an issue is trying to stack a bubble next to another bubble. They start flying around. Kind of the nature of Osnaps... they'll snap to one that you can't even see in your view.

F3 will turn off all your snaps if that is what you want.

RickFrance
Collaborator

"the only time I have an issue is trying to stack a bubble next to another bubble. They start flying around. Kind of the nature of Osnaps... they'll snap to one that you can't even see in your view."

And you just described exactly the issue at hand. It's especially a problem when you use Multiple Catalog entries on a part number basis. It could easily be fixed by having the program turn off the osnaps and back on after completing the command. I do this in my personal LSIP routines all the time to avoid the issue you just described.

It's not the nature of Osnaps - it's the programmer not turning off and resetting the osnaps in the routine itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it has more to do with how the bubble is created... it is created on the fly... so they are offsetting from where you pick to the center of the bubble to insert it (bubbles have an insertion point in the center of the circle if your using a circle).

When I try to drop a circle bubble next to another circle bubble the quad snap is active, but the bubble winds up inserting at some other place, not on the snap that is currently active (quad). It often flys off at some angle and a few units away.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report