cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Sheet Numbering

Automatic Sheet Numbering

I've googled and searched but I can't find a way to do this...

We use AutoCAD Electrical 2019, and the Project Manager for our project drawing sets, and an xref title block dwg. It would be extremely helpful to be able to have a field in the xref title block that would automatically fill in the drawing/sheet number based on the drawings location in the project manager drawing list (i.e. the first drawing would be "1", the next "2", etc). The information for this must be somewhere, since the Project Manager knows what order to display the list of drawings in...

Also, it would be additionally convenient if a field could be used that would automatically fill in the total number of drawings for the project. I would think this could be done by looking at the total number of drawings in the project, which are not marked "for reference only."

If there's already a method of doing this, I'm not finding it.

Currently, we manually enter the sheet number in each drawings' properties so that it displays in the field.

Thanks.

4 Comments
Icemanau
Mentor

There is a way to do at most of this...

In the Title Block Update tool (Right Click on the project name in the Project Manager to find it).

There are several settings in the Per Drawing Values section.

When you select the box for these settings, they are then inserted/updated in the title block.

You have Sheet Maximum which can be set to whatever you need (default is the number of dwg files in the project).

Sheet which is based on the Sheet setting in the Dwg Properties as well as the Previous and Next sheet values.

There is also an option to resequence all the sheet values and apply them to the title blocks.

Of course, you do need to have the title block set up with the required attributes and have them linked to those settings in the title block set up.

Regards Brad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Icemanau, that almost worked. It updated it when I look at it in the Drawing Properties dialog box, but it isn't updated it within the drawing unless I go into each Drawing Properties dialog box and click OK. If I do that, then it works. Is there a way to get this to (in effect) automatically occur for all drawings within a project?

Icemanau
Mentor

OK, I just did some testing...

You need to select the box to UPDATE the Sheet as well as the box to resequence the Sheet Numbers.

This will renumber all the sheets and automatically apply that to each dwg in the same run.

If you don't select the option to update the Sheet on the dwg, it won't update the dwg, just the dwg properties.

This testing was done using 2019 so it should work exactly the same on your system.

Regards Brad

shivsrikakolum
Contributor

I know this is very late reply, but was facing same issue and sorted it out. commenting it now in case it helps others .

while setting up the  Title block you get an option for "DRAWING VALUES". Select Drawing values, it will take you to Drawing values tabs and In that select SHEET(%S value) dropdown option and select the Attribute you made for "Sheet Numbering". That's it save and close.

now do Title block update (You can find it under project tab Select Resequence Sheet %S value and enter the number you want the sheet number to start with.

ATTACHED IMAGES JUST FOLOW THE YELLOW HIGHLIGHTED ONE 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpgdo Active drawing only OR project-wide as per your requirement

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report