cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Accessory Parts in the Terminal Editor

Assigning Accessory Parts in the Terminal Editor

In the terminal editor you are able to assign a catalog number to the terminal. However you are unable to add multiple catalog parts. If this is a fuse terminal you need the ability to assign the fuse as well. Obviously you can do this in the schematic but the quickest method for multiple terminals is in the terminal editor. I know you could create a part wihich has predefined accessories but this is only a get me round the issue solution.

Please add this.

3 Comments
Icemanau
Mentor

The reason for that little problem is that it only looks to the TRMS family.

The current workaround is to add the required fuses to the TRMS family which will then allow you to add the fuses to the strip.

This problem also occurs with Pushbuttons and Indicator lamps when the manufacturer uses the same components on both items.

You can't just add the part listing in one family and look it up from the other family.

You have to add the part listing to both families which then leads to massive bloating of the catalog.

There is a previous idea to allow the multiple catalog and the subassembly procedure to look at different families and remove some of the bloat.

This would also affect the TSE.

Regards Brad

miles.nicholson
Advocate

I know it looks at the TRMS table. However that is not the issue. You do not have the option of Multiple Catalog in the Terminal Editor so this is not a previous idea as you suggested.

Cheers

t_chaws
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi, 

Thank you for your idea. We have noted your suggestion and will be considering it for our future releases.

We encourage you to post more ideas and dont forget to give kudos to other ideas that you support.

Best Regards, 

AutoCAD Electrical Product Team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta