AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xref xrefno/xrefnc to spreadsheet

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
532 Views, 3 Replies

xref xrefno/xrefnc to spreadsheet

Is there a way to update the parent/child xrefs via the spreadsheet import/export routine?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jtoverka
in reply to: Anonymous

No, and it should not be done this way. aeXref command is the tool to use in most cases. What do you need the spreadsheet to do?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jtoverka

No, and it should not be done this way. aeXref command is the tool to use in most cases. What do you need the spreadsheet to do?

#- Please type your reply above this line -##

I want to roll the Xrefs and cloned drawings.

Example. I have four duplicate control panels but each panel requires its own distinct wire No.s and corresponding locations for conatcts and coils.

I may not have laid out the initial drawing in such a way that the Xrefs would automatically generate when I import the new terminal/wire numbers from spreadsheet.
Message 4 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

This is possible but it will be using unique manipulation of the software. I do something similar with our modules.

I created subprojects of each module and then use them to "assemble" a line.

In each module, I have pre-assigned all the source/destination codes with the generic assignments like 2XX1-01, 2XX1-02, etc. 

For example, say there will be 3 of the same module in a given line.

I make 3 separate copies of the subproject and update all the line numbers, component tags, wire numbers, and etc. in each. (I group my subprojects by where it is in the line. The drawing for station 1 would be 2011, 3011, 4011, and station 2 would be 2021, 3021, 4021, etc. so in the template project the drawings are 2XX1, 3XX1, 4XX1) I also update any differences in the drawing properties for each module and run Titleblock Update.

I then export each subproject's source/destination codes to a spreadsheet and using find/replace, I change all the references of XX to the new sheet numbers. 

Then I import the spreadsheets back into the subprojects.

After that, I assemble all the drawings into the main project by copying the  information from each individual .wdp file file into the main .wdp file and moving the drawings to a common folder.

After all this, I run Rebuild database to update all the cross references in the master project.

What I have described above is general outline of what I do to accomplish what I think you are asking about.

Use this information at your own discretion; I can do this because I have years of experience in using the software and know what I can or cannot get away with.

I just wanted to let you know that it is possible.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report