AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xdara for ratings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
455 Views, 3 Replies

Xdara for ratings

AutoCAD Electrical 2016

Can you pull in ratings from multiple catalog components using xdata? So for every part number I have ratings 1-11 in the text field for UL certifications, heat dissipation and voltages. This information is displayed in my bill of material reports. When I have a component with multiple catalog entries, my reports will not pull these ratings from the multiple catalog components. I have tried to find a way to add the ratings, but nothing works.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

The ratings fror all parts in the database, including subassembly parts, should be entered into the Query2 and Query 3 fields.  The exact title of these fields varies from table to table, according to component type.  When you generate a BOM, click on Change Report Format, and be sure that you have added the Query2 and Query3 fields to the fields to report list, or to the list of fields to be displayed as part of the description.  If you add the fields to the list of fields to report, you can rename them to something like TYPE/SIZE for Query2 and RATING/COLOR for Query3.

Doug McAlexander
Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor
Specializing in AutoCAD Electrical Implementation Support
Phone: (770) 841-8009
www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

It looks like this will only work if you just have two fields. I tried to enter Rating1=1A;Rating2=24vdc;Rating3=10W;Rating4=UL 508;, but this doesn't work the same way the text value field does. So is there no way to pull text values from multi catalog components into a report?

Message 4 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

You cannot enter values meant for the Text Value field into Query2 and Query3. In Query2 and Query3 you enter the actual rating data. Only the Text Value field uses the syntax of Rating1=1A;Rating2=24VDC, etc. The Text Value field can be used to push a value into any attribute (i.e. DESC1=Power Supply, TERM01=K1).

Doug McAlexander
Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor
Specializing in AutoCAD Electrical Implementation Support
Phone: (770) 841-8009
www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report