AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X, Y Grid Reference in custom template

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jinusiret
61 Views, 1 Reply

X, Y Grid Reference in custom template

Hi, members

i am a newbie into AutoCAD electrical, recently i studied to make X,Y grid reference in custom template making, i succeed same and in only left side of page and top side of page the references are showing up, in the sample format i received from my learning centre its showing both sides of pages.

can anyone suggest me to how to do same..... it would be appreciated

in the attachment i marked with red arrow on the sides where i am not getting the reference markers

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @jinusiret,

It is really simple if you already have a template with top and left working. You just need to copy it to the bottom and right side within you template title block. Most of the title blocks just have standard geometry and text for references and then the spacing is later set in the project properties to match the title block.

When you are done with the template drawing, Save it as a .dwt file and create a drawing in an AutoCAD Electrical project with your template. In the Project Properties > Drawing Format > Format Referencing

You will be able to setup the kind kind of refencing you need. From the screenshot you attached, I think you want the X-Y Grid option.

arshdeepsingh404_1-1720405714317.pngarshdeepsingh404_2-1720405722375.png

The JISdemo project that comes with AutoCAD electrical installation is very similar to your screenshot, I have attached the template as well.

arshdeepsingh404_0-1720405251088.png

I hope this answers your question, let me know if it doesn't and feel free to post any more specific question you might have while following this.

Regards,

Arshdeep Singh, C.Tech, CMSE®
Electrical Designer & Programmer
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report