AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM_D what might have i done

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rickstarosto4361
256 Views, 4 Replies

WM_D what might have i done

yesterday i was going through my circuits and reviewing, this morning i opened a sheet in my project to continue reviewing, i selected a coil to edit and "ALAERT, WD_M needs to be added". how might I have done to have removed this? and also, my wires are now just lines.

now, all symbols have normally invisible attributes now visible, I cannot even hide them manually. (see attached)

is there a way to save this sheet? or will i need to re-draw it?

THANKS!

Rick

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

ALSO, i have 2 types of contacts showing in that attachment and symbol is not setup that way
Message 3 of 5

Hi @rickstarosto4361 

You will typically get the alert to insert "WD_M" block when you open a regular drawing that is not a part of AutoCAD electrical project and you are trying of insert a symbol or use any other other Electrical tools. The "WD_M" is just a hidden block that contains bunch of attributes to make everything function for ACE software.

arshdeepsingh404_0-1721784053855.png

From the snip you attached, It looks like you ran a burst command drawing wide somehow and converted everything into regular geometry instead of electrical symbols and entities.

Is this drawing a part of a project? Are rest of the drawings working in the project?

Do you not have any backup and are looking for way to recover this drawing?

Regards,

Arshdeep Singh, C.Tech, CMSE®
Electrical Designer & Programmer
LinkedIn
www.blackcontrols.com

Please mark as "Accept Solution" if this resolved your issue. It might help someone else with the same question. Likes are welcome!
Message 4 of 5

Oh Crap! Burst? yes this is part pf an ACADE project (my first one, learning the hard way) and all other drawings in project look fine.

It will be quicker for me to redo that one drawing then it would be to ask our IT to retrieve back up from server.

Burst? that is a new one for me!

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate that!

Rick

Message 5 of 5

You're Welcome! BURST could be good command in many situations but I don't think leaves any room for undoing changes once you save and close. It works similarly to EXPLODE command but retains the original properties, such as colors and layer information of objects. That's why all the descriptions stayed in your drawing, but probably got converted to simple text though.

Regards,

Arshdeep Singh, C.Tech, CMSE®
Electrical Designer & Programmer
LinkedIn
www.blackcontrols.com

Please mark as "Accept Solution" if this resolved your issue. It might help someone else with the same question. Likes are welcome!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report