AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire numbers's layer

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
547 Views, 5 Replies

Wire numbers's layer

I'm working on a project with >30 drawings. I began all these drawings from the same template with my custom wire types. At some point, on some drawings only, the WIRENO layer has changed from green to white, so on most of my drawings, the wire numbers are green, but on some of them, they're now white! see attachment

Is there a simple way to change this one layer back on all drawings? If not, can I apply the layer settings from my .dwt template file to all in the project? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

I would just create a small script that automates this.

And.. I just did.

Download the attached file, and place it at any location, and then rename it to WIRENOGREEN.SCR . I use C:\T

Then run the project wide utilities, like this:

2017-09-21_12-02-18.png 

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: rhesusminus

Are you sure the affected numbers are on the WIRENO layer.

Is it possible that someone has set the numbers to fixed on the affected dwgs?

If they have been set as fixed or are copies of existing numbers, then they get placed on separate layers.

Check the colour of the WIRECOPY and WIREFIXED layers.

Other than that, @rhesusminus's answer would be the best bet.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks, Brad. I do have some fixed wire no's, which are white (is this the default for those which are fixed? I always assumed so), but on just a couple of sheets, all auto wire numbers are white. Thanks for checking.

Trond, thanks again for the help. I will attempt your script shortly & report back 🙂

Martin

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

I've run the script & it appears to have worked as intended, other than the green is a slightly brighter version than the default, but this looks even better in my opinion. See result below.

PS I had no idea you could script like this. Really useful for anyone working with projects!

wire no layer color post script.png

Message 6 of 6
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

We can easily change the color to match. If you can give med the correct color, or send me a drawing with the correct color, I can fix it for you.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta