AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire numbers not updating

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
shevtsovpk
246 Views, 4 Replies

Wire numbers not updating

I imported DWG file from EPLAN (image 1), if I try to number wires by "Wire numbers" button - it is working good, but it is not suitable for me. So I swapped blocks with wire numbers to block "WD_WNH" (original wire number block in Autocad) with attribute mapping (WIRENO tag transferred succesfully) (image 2).

Now I have wire with block. It is looking well, but if I go into "Edit Wire number" - there is no number inside (image 3).

Are there any ways to import this numbers correctly?

Labels (6)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: shevtsovpk

Most likely because the Wire number blocks aren't connected to the wires. Try to run the DWG audit command, and see if that will remove the "wire number floaters".

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5

This may be due to ACADE cannot differentiate between line and Wire, until you declare the wire layer in "Create / Edit WIre type" 

amitkumar22rajput_0-1658127500334.png

Message 4 of 5
shevtsovpk
in reply to: rhesusminus

yes, the main question is how to connect, but not to delete it.

Message 5 of 5
jseefdrumr
in reply to: shevtsovpk

You'll have to physically place new wire numbers. The old ones will need to be deleted. They're not tied to the wire and I don't think there's an ACADE command that associates an existing attribute to a wire. As far as I know, that is only done during the wire insertion command.

This same behavior shows up if you just copy/paste a circuit into a drawing, without using the circuit clipboard. Unknown wire numbers get changed to ??? but if you number the wire they don't update - because using a normal paste function prevents ACADE from remembering what was linked to what.

Since you're importing from another software, you can expect lots of little things like this to get in your way.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report