AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire number problems

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1678 Views, 7 Replies

Wire number problems

Hello,

I´ve been having some issues with Wire numbers using wirecopy and wirefixed layers. If the wire is vertical, the wire number appears horizontally, the wire number size is always too big and with a different look, altough the layer is the same. To change it I have to manually edit the attribute size and this may take a lot of time. I´ve already done the following: 

To change the default text height

1. Open the two Wire Number drawing files, WD_WNH.DWG and WD_WNV.DWG.
  2. Double-Click the WIRENO Tag.
  3. In the Properties Dialog Box, change the Text Height to the size you want.
  4. Save both files.

So how can I change the default text height and how can I change the wire number size for the entire drawing/project?

File attached.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ramesh.kambang
in reply to: Anonymous

Once you have modified both WD_WNH.DWG and WD_WNV.DWG  you can swap them using the command AESWAPBLOCK, then selection option B (Update a block), then follow the instruction. 

You can update text size project-wide or drawing-wide using project utilities

Note - backup your files before doing this. 

project.png

Ramesh Kambang
Aerospace System/Design Engineer and eVTOL/EWIS Expert
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ramesh.kambang

Thank you for you awnser. 

The text height is now correct but how can I get a default text style? Some appear in Standard and some in WD_IEC.

Thanks in advance. 

Message 4 of 8
ramesh.kambang

Normally symbols out of the box (nfpa or iec) should have a default text style/height. But if you would like to change the text style of a symbol, you should be able to select text style in the symbol properties (see marked in RED). 

If you want to change the text style project or drawing-wide, you can use project utilities and tick Change Style (just below the Change Attribute Size), then Setup> choose Font. 

text style.png

Ramesh Kambang
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I´ve already changed the text style in WD_WNV to Standard, save it and made update block in the drawing but the text style still comes as WD_IEC. 

I can change the style in the utilities but there is no font name for Standard.

Is there somethig else I shoud do?

Captura de ecrã 2021-02-23 154401.png

Message 6 of 8
ramesh.kambang

Can you not select Standard from the dropdown (in your last screenshot)? 

By the way which drawing/project standard (ice or nfpa) are you using?

If your project/drawing is ice then, WD_IEC will be default and WD for nfpa. Check both ice and nfpa demo drawings how the default text styles are appearing.

Texts style for Standard in symbol block (WD_WNV) and text style for Standard in the drawing may differ depending on how the text styles are defined via Annotation setup.  

Ramesh Kambang
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Yes, I can select Standard from my previous screenshot.

I´m using Iec drawing/project standard but I can´t find this  WD_IEC .

I´m not sure what you mean by this "If your project/drawing is ice then, WD_IEC will be default and WD for nfpa. Check both ice and nfpa demo drawings how the default text styles are appearing."

Message 8 of 8
ramesh.kambang

This means: if you are using the IEC drawing template, the WD_IEC text style will be a default i.e. IEC drawings don't use Standard text style as a default unless you manually change it. 

Ramesh Kambang

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report