AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 10 install

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3102 Views, 5 Replies

Win 10 install

When i try to install AutoCAD 2016 Electrical on windows 10 it gives me a .NET 4.5 not installed error. .NET 4.5 is part of windows 10 and no installation is required ( although i tried to do an install anyway).

Does anyone know a workaround to get this to recognize the .NET 4.5 on windows 10 and install?

I did do a search and only found that there is no posted solution, but being that the AutoCAD 2016 ( non electrical ) is already installed on my computer there should be some way to get this to work.

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

someone has posted a workaround to install Autodesk products on Windows 10: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture-general/this-is-how-to-install-autocad-2015-to-wi...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 6
mathalekar
in reply to: DarrenP

The workaround to install *ACADE 2016* on Win 10.

1. Invoke the setup directory in ADMIN command line mode.
  2. Type following command instead of invoking setup.exe from directory

Setup.exe /c ACADE:ACAD_CHECK_DOTNET=0 /c ACADE_LP:ACAD_CHECK_DOTNET=0 /c ACADECONTENT:ACAD_CHECK_DOTNET=0 /c ACADECONTENT_LP:ACAD_CHECK_DOTNET=0

This will disable DOTNET check inbuilt in the setup.ini and will initiate installation.

For now this is still a workaround. Do let us know if this works for you.

Message 4 of 6
mathalekar
in reply to: mathalekar

Update on this topic :

Microsoft released a new hotfix for issues around failure to install Autodesk product (in this case AutoCAD Electrical 2016 release) on Windows 10 release. With the update, you will now be able to install ACADE 2016 without any workaround !

Message 5 of 6
mikegera
in reply to: mathalekar

Does anybody have the number or identifier of the hotfix?

If I downloaded Windows 10 this past Friday (3/4/16), would the hotfix have effectively been included the download?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
rhesusminus
in reply to: mikegera

I'm pretty sure that if you just run Windows Update, and let it install all updates, it'll be installed automagically.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report