AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to learn AutoCAD Electrical?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
warbkhelo34
401 Views, 9 Replies

What is the best way to learn AutoCAD Electrical?

So I've scoured YouTube and auto-desk and I cannot find any good start to finish tutorials on autocad electrical. Seems like everyone wants it on someone's CV but how do people learn it other than trial and error on their own.

Do anyone have any recommendations on online self-directed class?

@warbkhelo34 

The topic title has been edited to improve findability by @alina.balkanskaia. Original: Best way to learn AutoCad Electrical

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rhesusminus
in reply to: warbkhelo34

So, you've scoured everything, and you can't find anything?
Strange... Lift your eyes:

20220914 093658 thlct.png

Find a training center in your region, and get the training you need.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 10

Hi @warbkhelo34 ‌‌ Nice to see you in Autodesk Community! Was the answer @rhesusminus useful for you? If yes, please, mark his reply as the solution.  

Alina Balkanskaia
Community Manager
Message 4 of 10
jseefdrumr

Seriously, this has been asked AND ANSWERED so many times on the forum. Search it, you'll see. Autodesk provides lots of stuff to help someone get started. Your reseller should be able to help you find training. The F1 key is your best friend. Most of the write-ups in HELP for this software are actually pretty good. And there are soooooo many videos on Youtube.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 5 of 10
rhesusminus
in reply to: jseefdrumr

Oh noes... You're starting to sound like an old grumpy man... like I am 😄

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 10
alds02

It sounds like you need to follow Jim's advice and hit the F1 key. Start to finish tutorials, self-directed, come included with your AutoCAD Electrical installation! You already have these files so you might as well start there.

That's how I learned in 2012. Hopefully they have only been improved since then.

Message 7 of 10
jseefdrumr

Well Trond, you're not old. I'm not either, really. And the grumpiness? That's probably software-related LOLZ

And to reinforce your point, @alds02, yes the tutorials have improved quite a bit since way back in the day and they are really helpful even to seasoned users like us. The Hitchhiker's Guide to ACADE is probably one of the best overall documents in all of HELP in terms of getting familiar with this software's abilities and how to use them - but many ACADE users have never heard of it.

These days it's so easy to fall into what is a normal thought process for learning something new - Online! Free! Youtube! - but that really doesn't work for something like ACADE.

This question pops up so much on the forums, it makes me wonder whether any of the resellers out there even care if their customers know what to do with their expensive new software package. They could probably make more money training you up on the software than they do selling it to you in the first place.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 8 of 10
chennaiseo90

The best AutoCAD Electrical training is provided by Login360 in Chennai. We provide a range of software-related courses as well as full placement support.
The best IT training is available to our pupils, who have been instructed and educated by company professionals in a variety of big data training technologies.
We provide top-notch instruction in big data training technologies, and we regularly update our curricula to cover the most recent and popular IT topics.
For recent graduates, we offer placement assistance (recent graduates). All qualifying candidates should be given advice.

Message 9 of 10
gaurvr

Its not like tooting my own books but if you are beginner then my book can be a good starting line. Sample pdf attached for you. Its available on https://cadcamcaeworks.com/shop/ and other sales channels like amazon, B&N.

Message 10 of 10

@warbkhelo34 So, what answer was the most helpful for you? Mark it, please, as the Solution!

Alina Balkanskaia
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta