AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wd.env file

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
10020 Views, 12 Replies

wd.env file

What controls the location of the wd.env file?  Is it a setting somewhere?

I cannot point to a different location.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
alds02
in reply to: Anonymous

In your AutoCAD Electrical options, and in the very first category of settings, you can designate where support files are located.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: alds02

The env file location is not set in the options with the support files, it's location is set in the project settings.  Our IT dept. locked it down, and are trying to release it, but I think they forgot where they do that.    Anyone know where the setting is?  Could it be in the windows profile?

Message 4 of 13
TRLitsey

Hi there,

Not sure just how you are setup but you might try the BROWSE button down here, right click on the Active Project, select Setting ...

By the way, in that window the BROWSE button is the little button with 3 dots 

Good luck

Screenshot - 5_10_2018 , 1_29_23 PM.png 

Screenshot - 5_10_2018 , 1_28_49 PM.png

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: TRLitsey

Isn't that what I said above your post, I know where it is and how to change it's location.  the path that shows just above the wd.env field in your picture, is what I am trying to change, it won't.  Read my post before you reply, you missed what I'm asking.

Message 6 of 13
TRLitsey

Instructions in the widow with the file name, it implies that you can have multiple xx.env files but they should all be in the AeData folder.

Good luck

Screenshot - 5_10_2018 , 1_46_04 PM.png

Message 7 of 13
alds02

john.starr, I still think it is set in the support files. My reasoning is found at the following link from a valuable contributor here:

http://www.ecadconsultant.com/tips.html#Networking

My guess is that it applies even if you're trying to move the wd.env elsewhere on the local drive.

Message 8 of 13
TRLitsey
in reply to: alds02

Yes, Doug's walk through will do the trick.  Just so you know, to say it like Doug did, you will have to rename AeData folder on your local drive and put a copy where you want it.  ACE is hard coded to look locally first and it stops when it finds the first match.  It is similar to the default_cat.mdb file.  When you do a catalog lookup ACE looks locally first no matter what the support paths are.  The work around for network application is to rename local file and set support pointer/path to copy on network.  Downside is you have to rename files/pointers every time you want to change resources, but if it is worth it to you, follow Doug's instruction to the letter and your good to go.

Good luck

Message 9 of 13
rhesusminus

The location of the wd.env file is determined by code in the file WD_LOAD.LSP (you can find it in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 201X\AcadE)
Modify the code as needed if you want to.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 10 of 13
AndyL_Work
in reply to: rhesusminus

I have several machined on a network that were all working fine on UNC paths but the server has changed and I want to "point" all the systems to a mapped drive, I have updated the WD.env on one of the machines and removed all references to the UNC path in the support files and all is good.

I have another machine that will not allow me to re-path the WD.env file to the mapped drive - when I click on the Environmental file button on the Projet Setting the Dialogue is not displayed.

I have even opened the project from the working machine on the 2nd one and the path for the wd.env is still displaying as the UNC path.

I have the WD_Load.LSP file open. But I am struggling to find the location to set the new search path for the WD.env.

Are you able to shed any light on the matter?

Message 11 of 13
rbh2024

Were you able to get an answer to this?

Message 12 of 13
rhesusminus
in reply to: rbh2024

Did you read the answers here?

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 13 of 13
alds02
in reply to: rbh2024

You should read the link I posted, here's the updated link:

AutoCAD Electrical Tutorials Webinars Tips and Tricks (archive.org)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report