AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
myoung7ZY8H
421 Views, 4 Replies

Tutorial

Hi, Could someone please clarify something for me in the tutorial? I'm working through it, trying to positioning a pilot light. The instructions say to position the light and then 'Click 2'. What is the click 2 part and how do you actually do it? I've attached a section of the instructions so you'll know what I'm on about.

Thanks in advance

Marcus

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Maybe the (2) is a footnote.  I don’t know.  I’m not in front of the software at the moment.  But, you simply position the symbol on the wire (snap is your friend) and left click the mouse.  Do not use OSNAPS, only use snap to grid.  OSNAPS can cause placement issues when inserting schematic symbols.

Doug McAlexander
Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor
Specializing in AutoCAD Electrical Implementation Support
Phone: (770) 841-8009
www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Hi, Yeah, I'm ok with positioning it on the wire and I'm getting used to the snap settings.

On the attachment I sent you can also see a '2' beside the light after it's been positioned. I'm not getting this appear by my light so I must be doing something wrong. 

Cheers

Message 4 of 5

I think the (2) is referring to the second step for inserting a component symbol.  It is confusing.  They should have used a (1) for the first step and then it would make more sense.  I’ve been using and teaching AutoCAD Electrical since 1997.  I use my own courseware.  It’s a design simulation.  I haven’t looked at the tutorial in years.

Doug McAlexander
Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor
Specializing in AutoCAD Electrical Implementation Support
Phone: (770) 841-8009
www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for your help... I think I was having a moment :0. All makes sense now.

Cheers,

Marcus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta