AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with a custom schematic symbols

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
warehaml
517 Views, 4 Replies

Trouble with a custom schematic symbols

Hi all.

I'm working on adding probably more detail than necessary on a schematic representation for a sensor. 

The problem I'm having is getting ACADE to show the second and third mfg's and part numbers for a component.

Attached is the drawing. The prox sensor doesn't want to show the second mfg and part number where as the pressure transmitter does. I essentially copied all the properties from the PT to the PX, but when I insert and populate the PT, it's still not showing.

Any thoughts on why one works and the other doesn't are appreciated.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: warehaml

The problem seems to the naming of the extra MFG/CAT attributes
All extra attributes of that kind should have the numbering starting from 01

So, the first of the extra ones should be MFG01 and CAT01

Using the AEXDATA command, I can see that AcadE has saved your part numbers in the XDATA instead of the attributes. (To MFG01 and CAT01)
2021-06-08_20-30-38.png

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
warehaml

Thank you rhesusminus. So now my question is, how do I get it to save it as an attribute instead of as xdata?

I went into the block and edited it (bedit command) to be mfg01 and cat01. Doesn't appear when I exit the editor. Shouldn't it have been an attribute when the block was created? Or.... did I miss something during creation and it is behaving "properly" for what it is?

Message 4 of 5
rhesusminus

Welcome back 😄

Well, they should've been created when the block was created.
After doing BEDIT, you need to run ATTSYNC to synchronize those changes into the already inserted blocks.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5
warehaml

That woked! Thank you Rhesusminus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report