AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOGGLE NO/NC command adding X?TERMxx connection point attributes to Toggled symbol??????

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ttimler
176 Views, 0 Replies

TOGGLE NO/NC command adding X?TERMxx connection point attributes to Toggled symbol??????

Good Afternoon Everyone,

My Problem: 

I have an issue where AutoCAD Electrical is ADDING (that's right, adding) connection point attributes to a symbol that is toggled using the TOGGLE NONC command.

The Background:

I implemented the 5th character into some of my schematic symbols to perform a "Rotate/flip" operation after inserted in the schematic (instead of a block swap). When I perform this "rotate/flip" toggle using TOGGLE NONC, it grabs the proper block from the library, but AcadE retains the old connection point attributes of the old block while bringing in the new connection point attributes of the new block.  Essentially there are two polar-opposite, conflicting sets of the same connection point attributes:

FROM HCB11       NEW HCB12

X2TERM01    +    X8TERM01

X2TERM03   +    X8TERM03

X2TERM05   +   X8TERM05

X8TERM02   +   X2TERM02

X8TERM04   +   X2TERM04

X8TERM06   +   X2TERM06

Example:

I have a circuit breaker HCB11_xxx that has a bushing orientation of 1, 3, 5 on the top (X2TERM01, X2TERM03, and X2TERM05) and 2, 4, 6 on the bottom (X8TERM02, X8TERM04, X8TERM06).  I need to rotate breaker orientation 180 degrees.

Steps: 

- I click "TOGGLE NONC".

- Select the circuit breaker block.

- AcadE "swaps" the HCB11 block to a 180-degree rotated HCB12 block (of the same unique name) from the library.

- That's it.  I've effectively "rotated" the circuit breaker orientation 180 degrees (something that happens semi-frequently in my industry).

Conclusions:

I've checked the instance of the old and new blocks in the drawing, through the block editor, and there are no duplicate XTERM attributes.  I've checked the original library files and nothing's off about them either.  Nothing I've read about the TOGGLE NO/NC command and utilizing that 5th character option suggests that it should be doing this (or why it can't be used in this way).  It only cares about the presence of a 5th character (1 or 2) and that the unique names of the blocks match exactly.  In fact, Nate Holt highlighted this exact use case back in his blog in April of 2010.  I've worked with this software since 2007 and I've never seen a bug/glitch where a new library block is adopting connection point attributes from a swapped block (existing attributes, not existing attribute values).  I'm currently working in AutoCAD Electrical 2020.

(https://nateholt.wordpress.com/2010/04/08/off-beat-uses-of-toggle-nonc-command-autocad-electrical/)

Any help would be much appreciated.  Kudos for solutions.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta