AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminals

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
iewnhoff
200 Views, 3 Replies

Terminals

I have 15 connections to my neutral.  

If I put one terminal on the neutral, and then have simple wire connections I only get one terminal in my terminal build.

However, if I put a terminal on each of the 15 connections, I get 15 terminals.  

Neither is desirable.  I think I have seen this topic before from others, so this is a problem that others are having as well.  Anyone have the magical formula on how to get Electrical 2020 to build terminals properly?  My terminal setting is 2 connections per terminal and I have not used jumpers as that seems to create even more havoc.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jseefdrumr
in reply to: iewnhoff

I place just the one terminal, then in the terminal strip editor, I add the correct number of spares to reflect what is needed for the build.

For me, this is much faster than trying to draw it up in the schematic with jumper wires. It also 'feels' more realistic, since those jumpers that you'd have to draw look like wires in the drawing, but don't actually exist as wires in the panel. In truth, all the terminals that belong to your neutral are represented in the drawing as wire dots (NFPA) or as wire tees (IEC). Everyone in our panel shop understands that these symbols often indicate a terminal connection, anyway.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 3 of 4
iewnhoff
in reply to: jseefdrumr

I agree with your comments.  I was just hoping that the tool would do it for me.  

Message 4 of 4
jseefdrumr
in reply to: iewnhoff

Unfortunately, the terminal strip editor is quite possibly the single worst tool in this software.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report