AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Editor Problem with Wblocks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
399 Views, 3 Replies

Terminal Editor Problem with Wblocks

I was wondering if someone else had this problem and fix.  We have created a wblock circuit that contains terminals.  These terminals have already been define as to what terminal blocks it belongs too.  We insert these wblock circuits into our project that contains other drawings that have its own been created by using wblock ciruits with terminal blocks.  When we go to the Terminal editor it acts very crazy.  It inserts multiple terminials with the same number even though there is only one terminal with its assigned number.  Terminals are inserted with no ptag and some terminals are even left off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RobinShou-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Would you please provide the issue sample project? A project with 1 or 2 drawing to reproduce your issue is ok. and also if possible, please attach some screenshot to show the issue.

And also, can you let me know which ACE version are you using? ACE2012 ENG?

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
AutoCAD Electrical
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: RobinShou-Autodesk

Robin,

I am using Autocad Electrical 2012 English.  I have attached a zipfile that contains everything you would need to see the problem. You will see the problem in TS3 and also in our surge arrestors located on the last page.  The surge arrestor pins are appearing as terminals on TS3 which does not make sense.

Message 4 of 4
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you provide more specifics on exactly what to look for in the project you posted? Maybe post some screen shots with the issues indicated to make it easier to locate in the drawing set you provided.

Also, Terminal Strip Editor is adding extras due to the Wires Per connection defined on the terminals. Do you get an alert when you edit TS3 regarding this? These would be highlighted in yellow.

I do see some terminals with no number on them but they appear to be wire number terminals with no wire number assigned.

Anyway, the more specifics you provide the better.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta