AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol on the end of the wire

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
galashkina
1986 Views, 4 Replies

Symbol on the end of the wire

The report From/To should not have "hanging" wires (one end of the wire is not connected).

What symbol should I place on the ends of the wires L1, L2, L3, PE?

A parent component, a child component, or something else?

10052018-5.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jseefdrumr
in reply to: galashkina

I usually just trim them off when I reach the end of my 3-phase stuff, see image. If for some reason you have to show the free end of the wire, then what I would do is still trim them off, but then go back and draw the free end of wire and put it on _MULTI-WIRE (or some other layer that doesn't show up in wire to/from reports...I don't use that report so I don't actually know whether or not MULTI-WIRE will appear in it.)

Hope this helps,

Jim

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 3 of 5
ccad2509
in reply to: galashkina

surprissed nobody answered your question

below is the IEC symbols for a wire end which is not terminated

thr one on the left is a wire with no special arrangements

the one on the right is a wire with the end folded back and insusalted

what i do is use the insulated symbol you can associate a part number to the end which is a dummy entry with the description of wire end insulated

or what i do is allocate a piece of heatshrink tube to the symbol

either way works for me

ends.PNG

Message 4 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: ccad2509

Those symbols ae fine for wires left flying in the actual panel.

The question is about the wires shown as part of a bus system and how they show up in a From/To Report which is a totally different situation...

Any solution apart from changing them to a layer that is not reported will still have the wires show in the report.

If you want to tie them off, you can create a wire end symbol which has just invisible attributes and a visible dot similar to the Inline Wire Number. Just remove all the wire no attributes, add a TAG1 attribute and all 4 wire connections centred on the visible dot. This will then work for all 4 connection directions.

You may have to play around with it to get it to work properly but shouldn't be to much trouble.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
galashkina
in reply to: Icemanau

Thank you all for your help!

If I understood correctly, there is no special symbol in the schematic library. I need to create it myself. Usually, I create a child component with the TAG1 attribute and a connection point. The attribute TAG1 is assigned а value L1, L2, L3, PE.

Maybe there is a better solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report