AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet Export, Export Attributes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1141 Views, 5 Replies

Spreadsheet Export, Export Attributes

I am trying to export all the attributes that I have on a drawing using Spreadsheet export/import. I added a new sheet to the wd_xls_all_template named ATTOUT. I used the ATTOUT command to ensure that i used all the attributes names and add them to the A row on the template.  I have a dwg with all the attributes filled in but when i export i get no data extracted. The command also does not show the sheet name attout: after the Autocad Electrical Export is performed and finished. Things i tried,

AEREBUILDDB

Exploding the block that attributes are in

Adding to report fields

Kinda meet my ends on it. Any ideas? ACADE 2019

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JeffatPrimex
in reply to: Anonymous

Looking at the help the ATTOUT command is an express tool command so it most likely will not work with any ACE file or tools. In ACE you would use the Export to Spreadsheet tool.

JeffatPrimex_0-1597142141416.png

If you have MS Access you could just open the projects scratch database and look in the BLOCK_ATTR table

Best regards,

Jeff

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JeffatPrimex

I checked out the Scratch Database and it appears there is no way to change the attribute value and import in back into ACADE. I changed it in the .mdb but never could get import to look into the BLOCK_ATTR table.  

Message 4 of 6
JeffatPrimex

I think you have to be more specific in what you are trying to do. If you're trying to update form an external source you have to use the ACE export tool previously mentioned, make your modifications in that file being careful not to add or change the drawing name or block handles. I mentioned the Block_Attrb table just so you can see all the block attribute information ACE stores for the project.

Best regards,

Jeff

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JeffatPrimex

Jeff,

I am trying to export the attributes that are in my title block. I can not use the title block update or title block features of ACE. What am i trying to achieve? Pretty much i want to do an ATTOUT and ATTIN on a project level using the export spreadsheet. I added the attribute names to the .xlt (as seen in image), added the sheet (as seen in image), and added a new extension to the pop up menu for block attributes (as seen in image). The export is executing but not getting the information in the spreadsheet. Also I added ATTR to the scratch database (as seen in image). I am getting the information in the scratch database but if i change it in the database it does not seem importable to change anything.  

Message 6 of 6
JeffatPrimex

Not sure if this would help but you could try this third party utility.

https://jtbworld.com/jtb-batchattedit

Best regards,

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta