AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Signal delay

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
RenaudHoule
623 Views, 9 Replies

Source Signal delay

Hi all,

Since i updated to Acade 2016, when i insert source signal arrow into my drawings, the first one i say no to the question: do you want to insert the destination arrow. And also check the do not ask again. Then the program takes a while to actually insert the source signal, and any subsequent insertion is taking from 5 to 30 seconds to complete. 

You guys have a clue on what is happening. I've been struggling to find a solution as in my company, we use a lot of them.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rhesusminus
in reply to: RenaudHoule

Make sure the library search paths are correct now that you've upgraded to 2016. They might point to some paths that doesn't exists anylonger.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 10
RenaudHoule
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hi, 

Thanks for trying to help me. The folder C:\users\public\documents\autodesk\acade 2016\libs\ is listed in the support file search path. 

One thing I did is in our domain, we use redirected folder, which when I'm connected to the network, the project folder is getting very slow. So I've moved the project folder on to my C:/Autodesk project files that i've created. I did changed the project path in the support file search path. 

Another update is i started my computer this morning and the source signal are creating blazing fast. It already happened that in the morning it works fine but later it getting very slow.

Here's my computer config:

HP EliteBook 8770w

Win7 Pro 64bit

Intel Core i7-3820QM 2.70GHz

32.0 GB ram

480GB SSD

NVIDIA Quadro K4000M Driver Version: 10.18.13.5442

Thanks

Message 4 of 10
rhesusminus

I meant the library folder for your project:

2016-03-07_14-39-04.png

How if you try to open one of the demo-projects that comes with AcadE 2016.... Do you have the same speed problems with those projects?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 10
RenaudHoule

The only ones I have in the public folders are:

C:\users\public\documents\autodesk\acade 2016\support\en-us\

C:\users\public\documents\autodesk\acade 2016\libs\

Should i add all the others like your example?

Message 6 of 10
rhesusminus

You should just make sure that all the paths listed acually exist 🙂
Do they?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 7 of 10
RenaudHoule

They do exist, I added them to the list. 

Excuse me for the dumb question but i noticed that all the path in your example are forward slash (/).

Mine are all back slash... (\)

Is there any difference??

Message 8 of 10
rhesusminus

Backslash/forwardslash... doesn't matter 🙂 (I set mine in the WD.ENV file, and I always use forward slash in there).

You use folder redirections... What if you copy your symbol llibraries to the "C:\Autodesk Project Files" folder, and tell your project to use thos folders instead.. Any speed increase?

And, what about the demo-projects that comes with AcadE... Do they work as expected, speed wise?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 9 of 10
RenaudHoule

I will try as soon as it go slow again.

Thank you very much for you help. Very appreciated

Message 10 of 10
RenaudHoule

Just for you guys to know.

Since i added all the folders that Rhesusminus suggested, it generate the source arrow as expected. 

Thanks all for you're help!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report