AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select all (CTRL+A) no longer works.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1065 Views, 5 Replies

Select all (CTRL+A) no longer works.

Whenever I try to use CTRL+A I get the message "Unknown command "AI_SELALL". Press F1 for help.

I've looked on the forums but can't seem to find a clear solution.

Does anyone know the solution to this issue?

I'm using AutoCAD Electrical 2020

Windows 10.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Thomasbatson
in reply to: Anonymous

I have 2020 as well and it works.  I do have the most recent ACAD (2020.1) and ACADE (2020.0.1) updates though.  You might check your About Autocad Electrical and see if you have the updates and if not try there first. 

Message 3 of 6
chris.downing

that means you have some missing files in C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2020\Support\en-us\, try patching to the latest version. 

If that fails I have attached the file for you to copy, replacing your file with this one, hopefully, that will fix it.

• Close AutoCAD first.
  • Paste the file to C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2020\Support\en-us\
  • Open AutoCAD
  • Check the file is loaded type APPLOAD 
  • If not loaded browse to it and Load it

APPLOADAPPLOAD

ACADE & PLANT3D Applications Engineer
CAD Training

Standard and bespoke PLANT3D Training and ACAD Training and ACAD ELEC Training

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: chris.downing

Thanks Chris, that did fix the issue.

I had made one minor change to acad2020doc.lsp to fix the issue with the Lineweight always defaulting to .25 every time I open AutoCAD.  Adding (setvar "lwdefault" 0) fixed the LW issue but I guess it messed something else up too.

What I find strange is it worked fine for a couple of weeks. Any idea why it would work for a while then stop? Or if it's possible to make modifications to acad2020doc.lsp without it corrupting the file?

Attached a copy of my acad2020doc.lsp.

Thanks,

Brandon

Message 5 of 6
chris.downing

You can of course make changes if you are confident, if it’s done correctly there should be no issues, my recommendation is to always make a backup of any system file before changing it. I usually make a copy and rename the old file extension to .bak. 

ACADE & PLANT3D Applications Engineer
CAD Training

Standard and bespoke PLANT3D Training and ACAD Training and ACAD ELEC Training

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: chris.downing

I did create a backup file, I just never came to the conclusion it was that file causing the issue because it worked fine for a couple weeks.

Thanks for the help!

Brandon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta