AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schematic terminals have multiple unknown internal connections

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
zachary.duranJPMSZ
227 Views, 3 Replies

Schematic terminals have multiple unknown internal connections

I am working in AutoCAD electrical 2020, and trying to fix up my from-to report. I noticed that many lines related to terminal blocks have no connection on one side. In trying to figure out where this comes from, I noticed that many of my terminals have 2 internal connections and 1 external connection, which leads to a weird from-to response. I don't understand why the terminals have 2 connections on one side, when there is only one wire going into the terminal, and one wire coming out. Is there any way to get rid of this extra connection, so the from-to report doesn't have any empty lines?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The idea now is that you should use the TSE (Terminal Strip Editor) to edit the terminals so that you have one connection on each side.

However... There are SOME issues...

It might work, it might not work.

Shown here:

https://youtu.be/TDCSXA83hTU?t=88

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4

I see what you mean, but the larger issue here is that the TSE shows 3 total connections, when there are only 2 wires coming into the terminal on the schematic.

Message 4 of 4

Then we need to see the contractions on the other sides of the signal arrows.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report