AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schematic devices not showing up to link panel footprint to

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
370 Views, 2 Replies

Schematic devices not showing up to link panel footprint to

Hello, all.  First time poster here but I have gained lots of knowledge from here.  I'm trying to do something I've done so many times and running into an issue.  I am creating a panel footprint for a circuit breaker including just the following attributes:

PTAG

MFR

CAT

ASSYCODE

The original block of the circuit breaker I downloaded from Siemens has been exploded.  On one of my schematic pages is a CB that I did not create myself, it's just the JIC library symbol for a 1-pole breaker.  Normally it is no issue to open the Edit Footprint menu for the breaker footprint I added on my panel layout, click Schematic List, and find the recently inserted CB on my schematic page but it isn't showing up.  Any guess as to why?  

Other devices included in my schematic pages are showing up, but not any of the circuit breakers.  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JeffatPrimex
in reply to: Anonymous

Well seeing as though there is quite a few database related issues you may want to start by making sure you're not a victim of the recent Microsoft update.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarti...

As far as footprint blocks and attributes I don't put any in mine ever since the program started using xdata.

Best regards,
Jeff

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JeffatPrimex

It seems that if I close and reopen ACADE, some of the recently inserted schematic devices will show up in the list so that I can link them with the panel footprints.  However, they don't really link.  I can tell because if I change an attribute on one or the other, it doesn't request an update to the parent or child.  Also, when using the "surfer" on the panel footprint for a CB, for example, it says no references were found in the project database.  

I took a look at the link you posted.  Uninstalling and reinstalling Access is a no-go at the moment but I did delete the database for the project I'm working on and started getting the fatal error when opening ACADE.  I copied it back in (I saved a backup before deleting) and now everything seems to work properly.  

This is very odd.  At first I thought I was overlooking something simple with my symbol creation but now I realize it's probably related to this Microsoft update.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report