AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schematic and Panel Reports

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
492 Views, 3 Replies

Schematic and Panel Reports

So, my company has just been migrating to using footprints in panel models oppose to just using "dumb" blocks. Everything seems to be working great except we are now having troubles with reports and BOM's. We do not want to run separate reports for both the BOM and the schematics.

Is there anyway we can run a complete report that gathers all the schematic items and footprint items at the same time? In the process though, we need to be sure we are not ordering duplicates of items that have a footprint AND schematic info. 

I guess what I'm wondering is how you guys order panel enclosure using footprints that don't have  schematic parents? A good example would be as found in the footprint icon menu when inserting panel enclosures.

Any help would be much appreciated.

best regards,

Kyle

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can run a Full report from the Panel Report that will include and combine the panel and the schematic BOM.

Capture24.PNG

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Aha! Awesome thanks Danny.

Another question stemming from that. Why wouldn't the Schematic Report hold this same feature? Has my workflow possibly been incorrect for some time now?  

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

You're welcome!

I guess it's just the crazy way they programmed it. The Schematic one will not cover anything that was inserted using the Panel's Icon Menu (footprints). For this reason I never use the Schematic BOM report.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report