AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting - custom attribute reporting

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
723 Views, 3 Replies

Reporting - custom attribute reporting

My goal is to better optimize cad time spent creating one-lines so we've invested in AutoCAD electrical.

I'm new to AutoCAD Elec and will be predominately working with schematic layouts.  Ideally, I'd like to report on all of the custom fields for each of the blocks which I've created.  There might be 6 or 12 custom fields for each symbol and I might only be using 6 or 7 families, from Overload limiters to Transformers.   I've given the above a few trials and I'm not getting options of seeing my customized fields for the reporting. 

Can someone point me in the right direction for customized reporting on Customized symbols?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

On the report tab, have a look at user defined attributes.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Ok, I get that and I'm able to select the attributes form various blocks for reporting.  It ends up creating a ".wda" file.   What do I launch afte that to collect the desired data?  Must I run Each component individually or is there a basic easy way to combine them?

-M 

Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

If the attribute name is the same for all blocks, just create a default.wda, and place it somewhere that AcadE can find it.

Then run the reports you want, and the attributes should be "selectable".

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report