Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relay won't display line reference for contact

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jseefdrumr
1199 Views, 4 Replies

Relay won't display line reference for contact

In the posted drawing, I have a single relay tied to two contacts. Both contacts show the proper cross-referencing information, but the relay itself doesn't. It acts as if my cross-referencing style isn't properly set up, but everything else works right -- as evidenced by the correctly annotated contacts and the functioning destination arrows on the same drawing.

The issue is in the line referencing. I use the sheet and number style, and for some reason the sheet # isn't coming through, so I get question marks instead.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on here?

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jseefdrumr

you should update project....Project-->Project wide update /retag--> then check both component and cross-reference update 

Autocad electrical training

Message 3 of 5
jseefdrumr
in reply to: Anonymous

That worked, thanks for the suggestion.

I hadn't tried that simply because I previously had tried updating the component directly and got no result. I didn't think it would matter, doing the update project-wide, since all of the components were on the same drawing.

Thanks again!

Jim

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jseefdrumr

u  welcome...i am Autocad electrical teacher in my country...

Message 5 of 5
ZicomDavid
in reply to: Anonymous

I tried your method. At the page of the relay coil, the cross reference of the contacts show the sheet page of the coil instead of the contact. I have to click on the overwrite function. Please advise any other setting is not done.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report