AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

relay terminal in the terminal strip reports

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
alex.perezMSQ4H
825 Views, 10 Replies

relay terminal in the terminal strip reports

hello,

In my company we make many panels that, instead of ending in standard terminals, end in relay terminals. Is it possible to create a relay type terminal symbol that appears in the reports?

the difference between the terminals is that they have a single terminal, but in the case of the relay terminals they have two, for example 11-14

I do not know if I explain myself very well.
In short, it generates the terminal block report for us, using the following component called relay terminal.

https://www.phoenixcontact.com/es-es/productos/modulo-de-reles-plc-rsc-24dc21-2966171

thank you very much for everything

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

hello again,
I write again looking for help because it is possible that I have expressed myself wrong.

My idea is to use TSE for relay type ( https://www.phoenixcontact.com/es-es/productos/modulo-de-reles-plc-rsc-24dc21-2966171) terminals so that it is like a terminal strip (but instead of terminals, relays)

I think someone once asked something similar to this in this post

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-forum/associate-relay-with-terminal-strip-or-termi...

Thanks again

Message 3 of 11

This can't really be done with this software.

Even though those relays look like terminals, they aren't. They're relays. The TSE works only with terminal symbols. One problem here is the Family code for these devices. ACADE looks at the family of a symbol to decide how to handle it. If you wanted to use these relays in the terminals strip editor you'd have to change their family code, and if you did that, then ACADE wouldn't recognize them as the relays that they actually are. You'd lose the pin list, child contacts, basically everything that makes a relay, a relay.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 4 of 11

hello again. On this subject, does anyone have an idea? Most of my designs end in this type of relay terminal, and I would like to be able to extract the cable harness report. that is to say, I do not end up in a terminal but in a relay terminal. I would accept possible ideas, thank you very much in advance

Message 5 of 11

Do you have some examples of what you want to do? Screenshot? Video? It would be helpful for giving ideas...

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 11

Hello, I am going to try to explain my needs a bit, first of all thank you very much for trying to help me.

alexperezMSQ4H_0-1679067486337.png

The first image that I show is the connection between a digital input of a Siemens PLC and the contacts of a single contact relay that here in Spain is called "Terminal Block Relay"

https://www.rockwellautomation.com/es-mx/products/hardware/allen-bradley/relays-and-timers/general-p...

What I do in this plane is to bring +24Vdc to contact 11 of the first relay, and then through a jumper bar, join all 11 of these relays, contact 14 of the relay is the one that is connected to each digital input . So far everything is correct since it is wired inside the electrical cabinet.

alexperezMSQ4H_1-1679067486341.png

In the second image, which is the one that interests us, there is the coil, the A2 or 0VDC part is connected to each other through a jumper bar and A1 is the one that will be connected to the field part or external installation. What I would like is for the TSE to recognize it for the list of terminals, that is, I would like it to be understood as both a relay and a terminal.

alexperezMSQ4H_2-1679067486343.png

This image of the TSE, which is just an example, I would like you to recognize it as a terminal block and represent it to me with the A2 and A1 of the bonnets and fill in the information on wiring, jumpers, etc., since for me it is a terminal block, It may be that what you are asking for is impossible to do. Thank you for understanding

Message 7 of 11

I'm not sure exactly why you want to see this as a terminal. Do you want to use the terminal strip editor to edit/add accessories/place the strip in the panel layout?

That being said. You should be able to create this as a multi level terminal. The coil is one level. But.. AcadE, for some reason, think that every terminal has 2 connection points/sides. So, you will need be creative with the CO contact.

You can draw the "coil terminal" as a coil symbol, as long as the block naming/attribute naming are according to the rules for terminals. The terminal number should then be "X1K1", "X1K2" etc. while they share the same strip-id "X1".

The CO contact will be problematic due to the 3 connection points it has vs. the "2 connection points per terminal/level" rule that AcadE has built-in.

I'm curious to know why you want this as a terminal in the program, just because you "see it" as a terminal. It's still a relay.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 8 of 11

Hello, you may be right, I've been thinking about it and it may be complicating my life.
I am quite new in this world and maybe I honestly have misconceptions.

I will try to explain:
my cabinet only collects both input and output signals, the example used being digital inputs. My cabinet ends in the A1 of the coils (that is, the field or external wiring will be connected directly to the A1s and to an A2 that will be the common one.) I wanted to automatically list the hoses in ACADE and for this I need the ruler, right? or is there another way? I haven't used anything from the hose part yet.

Message 9 of 11

Not sure what you mean by "hose" and "ruler".

Cables?

Are you drawing the panel layout drawings as well?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 10 of 11

Hello, sorry for the English.
I wanted to say that my idea is to make reports automatically, with "Terminal Strip Editor" in the "Cable information" tab. but that may not be the way to do it and you may have to do it with "multiple cable markers"

At the moment I am not drawing the panel,

Message 11 of 11

You can list your cables in a report using the report generator. It will be the same data as in the "Cable information" tab of the TSE.

Do you have an example of the lists / Data you want to extract from the drawings?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report