AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real time cross-referencing misses a parameter

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
alds02
309 Views, 2 Replies

Real time cross-referencing misses a parameter

This is the first time I've used the parameter "%A" in both same and between drawing source-destination cross-references.

My same drawing and between drawing format is "%A%D-%N" for this particular customer.

I have selected the "Real time... between drawings" setting in Project Properties, and it is working for the "%D-%N" part of the cross-reference, but I have to go back and update for "%A" to show up.

Is that normal? Can I fix it?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

Looks like you had a set up of your styles something like one below. The default setting  is %S-%N. I don't think it will retain if you change it to a different one. This has to be logged as an enhancement request in our idea station. I will also raise it with the product team.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-ideas/idb-p/37

Capture.PNG

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 3

Yes, I have %A%D-%N in "Same Drawing" and "Between Drawings."

Having done two drawing sets now with these settings, I can give more information that I've observed. Component cross-references always pick up the %A just fine. Same drawing source arrows also work. It is mainly source arrows on a different drawing that have to be refreshed - they show up as %D-%N with the %A part missing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report