AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Electrical 2016 Subscription Advantage Pack 2

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
markthomason
270 Views, 2 Replies

Question about Electrical 2016 Subscription Advantage Pack 2

Hello. Our company has to run AutoCAD Electrical 2016 version because our main client (3M) has customizations that are only supported in that version. When I read the description for "AutoCAD Electrical 2016 64bit Subscription Advantage Pack 2" it states that this update "brings subscription customers up to the most current version of the product". Our AutoCAD vendor (Repro Products) has told me that installing this update will REPLACE my 2016 installation with the AutoCAD Electrical 2020 version and that I should not install it (and lose functionality of our client specific 2016 installation). This seems like a load of bull to me. Can someone who has installed Advantage Pack 2 on AutoCAD Electrical 2016 Subscription please let me know more clearly what the results of this update are?

See attachment for screenshot of update description.

Thanks,

Mark Thomason

HCS Engineering

Decatur, AL

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

This is an update for 2016, it certainly won't install 2020 and it definitely won't replace 2016 with 2020, even if you decided to install 2020 you would still have to remove the 2016 version, they do not replace each other. 

ACADE & PLANT3D Applications Engineer
CAD Training

Standard and bespoke PLANT3D Training and ACAD Training and ACAD ELEC Training

Message 3 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: markthomason

your vendor lied to you

you need to find another one

Autocad Electrical or Autocad has never worked this way

when you install that update it will only update Autocad Electrical 2016 to the latest build it will not update your installation to 2020

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta