AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM WITH FORMAT OF CROSS REFERENCE

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ernesto_ramirez2105
921 Views, 5 Replies

PROBLEM WITH FORMAT OF CROSS REFERENCE

Hello to averybody. I am new with AutoCAD  Electrical. In this moment i getting problems with the cross refence. The situation is the next:

-I want to use the next format like in eplan "sheet-colum-rows". This cross reference is using the source arrow and the destination arrow. 

-How the program do it is using the "Reference number-sheet value".

-I have seen videos were the pogram gives them how I want to use the cross reference.So the next option is what the program give me:

1. %N reference number.
  2. %S Sheet value.
  3. %D Drawing value.
  4. %A Project list drawing's section code.
  5. %B project list rwaing's Sub-section code.
  6. %P IEC- Style project code.
  7. %I IEC-STYLE ISNTALLATION
  8. %L IEC-Style location.

Thanks to all

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I hope I am understanding your question correctly.  I will answer with the format setup I use for IEC style drawings.

The component tagging format is %S%F%N with the suffix set to append a .1 .2 .3 to the tag of same type components that are inserted into the same column (aka X-zone).  (see screenshots)

The previous and next sheet numbers are attributes inside of an arrow.  These attribute values are automatically filled in during the Title Block Update.  They are mapped via the Title Block Setup. (see screenshot)

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 6

No exactly. Let me show you with some screenshot because my english is no really good:

The reference is an integer number, so the cross reference appears (sheet-reference):

ernesto_ramirez2105_1-1650293058610.png

ernesto_ramirez2105_0-1650292921632.png

I want this format (sheet-arrow-colum) :

ernesto_ramirez2105_2-1650293301631.png

ernesto_ramirez2105_3-1650293375501.png

I have tried a lot of things but maybe, there is something that I am missing.

Thanks you all!!

Message 4 of 6

Normally for IEC, the columns (X-zones) are numbers, not letters.  But I have seen some use of a combination of X and Y zones, with the Y-zones being A, B, C, etc.  The software allows for that. You set it up that way in the Drawing Properties>Drawing Format tab.  The border in the sample drawing I posted previously has letters down the sides, but I did not use them in the formatting.  I could have though.  If I want to include the Y-zones, I choose the X-Y Grid option.  (see screenshot).

The cross-reference format I use for IEC is /%N for the same drawing and /%S/%N when the cross-reference refers to a different drawing.  (see screenshot).

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 5 of 6

Thank you, it works. I am grateful with you.

Message 6 of 6

I'm glad to help.

Doug McAlexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta