AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with (c:ace_insert_wire param_lst) command to insert wires

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
VivekShende
245 Views, 6 Replies

Problem with (c:ace_insert_wire param_lst) command to insert wires

Hi,

I am facing problem with

(c:ace_insert_wire (list pointC pointD "FWIRING" 4))

command.

It does work sometimes and does not work for same drawing when I try again.  I dont think I changed any settings.  It is able to route the wire at all times, but it does not place it on layer "FWIRING" in some cases.  It places the wires on the default layer "WIRES"  instead.  In a 16 channel DO module, some times it places 4 wires in correct layer (any 4 ) and some times places all in correct layer and sometimes none.

I am not able to figure out how to make it more stable and reliable.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Vivek

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rhesusminus
in reply to: VivekShende

Could it be that there are some short wires (zero length. Do the DWG audit to remove them) lying around? If you start the wire on a wire with a different layer, this will be the layer for this new wire as well.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 7
VivekShende
in reply to: rhesusminus

@rhesusminus thank you for the reply.  I tried the Audit and purge, but did not help.  For now, I have changed the layer to the FWIRING before inserting the wires, changed back to previous layer, and put "" in the command.  Seems to be working so far....

Still this is not very convenient work around.  Would be good to understand why the layer when added in command doesnt work.

Cheers

Vivek

Message 4 of 7
rhesusminus

Could be useful to get some information on what's happening of course, but you won't get any answers from Autodesk employees here. Are you able to consistently replicate the issue on some files? Then, it would be interesting to have a look at this file.
And.. Did you run AUDIT or DWG AUDIT ? Two different things....

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 7
VivekShende

I did AUDIT.  I am not familiar with what you mean by Drawing Audit.  

It is not happening randomly.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt work for the same file.  I will try and load the file here in couple of days.  I understand that Autodesk employees will not provide answer, but if someone can direct me to some examples of usage of this command, that would be great.

Cheers  

Message 6 of 7
rhesusminus

You're using the command correctly. The problem night be in your drawing/code but it's impossible to say based on your description.

How about sharing something? Users here are using their spare time trying to help out. Don't expect to see Autodesk employees roaming these forums.

Try dwg audit:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACAD_E/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-28F7243A-59DB-4A53-BB83-9729E7F590E2

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 7 of 7
VivekShende

Many thanks for the drawing audit link.  I will try it on the drawing giving problem.  Unfortunately, I am not able to share the drawing.  

Thank you for all the help.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report