Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Numbering and Project Structure

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
671 Views, 3 Replies

Print Numbering and Project Structure

I'm working on a new number and project structure. Something that lines up with our project breakdown that we refer to as a WBS (Work Breakdown Structure). The goal is to break apart our prints to make them more modular and reusable sections to speed up designs. In addition, the goal would be to get more prints and parts to the shop to start building parts of projects faster. 

Does anyone have some examples of their print numbering, project structures, and workflow that they would be willing to share?

Any information is appreciated! I'd be happy to discuss details of our designs and department with anyone. Networking to share information and build a stronger future is key!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dshood
in reply to: Anonymous

THIS IS WHAT WE DO!THIS IS WHAT WE DO!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dshood

Thank you for providing your print structure! Here are some questions if you'd be willing to answer. I'm open to answering and sharing information as well. 

1. What type of equipment does your company build? Duplicates of the same thing? Completely custom?

2. You show an I for Interconnect. What do you consider interconnect? What type of prints fall under this section?

3. Do you put everything electrical related in a single project or is it in multiple projects? 

4. How much of your electrical schematics are able to be reused? Or do you have to start from scratch every time? 

My work email is Nathan.Kohlenberg@mcri-us.com

Thanks,

Nate

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

I used to use a system that looks like this...

123456-78-90

1 to 6 are the Project (Job) number.

7-8 are the Dwg Number

9-0 are the Sheet Number within that dwg.

Dwgs 00 and 01 were things like cover sheets & notes for 00 and Board Layouts, SLD's and other project wide dwgs.

From there it would go by the panel's number in the board.

Dwg 2 would be for panel 1 and so on.

This was for multi panel HV switchboards with a fair degree of duplication. Some clients had pre-approved dwgs and as such, I would copy the appropriate number of copys to the project file, rename all the dwg files to match the DWG number before adding them to the project.

The Project value was set in the Title Block values for the project.

Once in the project, I would go through and change the appropriate values in the DWG properties and set the INST/LOC values for each dwg set before running a project wide Title Block Update to update the Project, DWG and Sheet values.

This would then give me a project that might have 10 Feeders, 2 Incomers and a Bus Section within about a days work.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report