AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Parametric addressing of 16 point cards?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sstrecker
754 Views, 5 Replies

PLC Parametric addressing of 16 point cards?

When I parametric insert a 16 point input or output card, the automatic addressing is not correct for a card with 16 point word addresses.  For example, when inserting an Allen-Bradley 1769-IQ16 card, the address after I:1.7 jumps to I:2.0 instead of I:1.8.  Newer controllers even have 24 inputs and outputs in the same unit.  So, it makes things very irritating when you have to go in and manually re-address a 40 point controller.  I want to insert a card and have it automatically fill in the addresses from I:x.0 to I:x.15.  Based on other similar posts, I've tried changing my card settings to re-prompt, set TAGA_ to %%A+x, and several other things to no avail.  How can I do this??  It seems like there should be a very simple answer.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TRLitsey
in reply to: sstrecker

Hi there,

When you insert the I/O card and fill in the blanks as it is being inserted you should see one final step.  The card is inserted and the address about to be filled in, the last window should give you the chance to set your numbering base you want the card to display.

Good luck

Screenshot - 8_14_2018 , 1_33_24 PM.png

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
Message 3 of 6
sstrecker
in reply to: TRLitsey

That's the problem.  When I pick Decimal, it changed the address to the next 8 inputs (i.e. I:3.7 to I4.0).. etc.).  If I select HEX, it keeps the slot number and adds the A-F at the end (I:3.A).  That makes it easier to manually edit, but not what I'm looking for.

Message 4 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk

Hi,

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you described. When I selected Decimal it just went on to the next number, 1.8.

What version of AutoCAD Electrical are you using?

Does this happen on all drawing\projects or just specific ones?

Does this happen with other modules or just the one you mention?

Have you used the PLC database editor before (command AEPLCDB)? You can look at the module's definition and see if there is anything unusual. You can try selecting Module Specifications and then setting the Base Addressing to Decimal rather than Prompt. This should automatically use Decimal and skip the prompt.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
sstrecker
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

I'm using AutoCad Electrical 2019, but I believe I was using 2018 when I wrote the post.  I just tested it again and it looks like it now works.  

Message 6 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk

Ok. Glad to hear it is working ok for you now.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report