AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinlist data not appending SQL pinlist table ACE 2020 2019 Revisited

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JeffatPrimex
348 Views, 2 Replies

Pinlist data not appending SQL pinlist table ACE 2020 2019 Revisited

Ok After recreating a new SQL catalog database from a new installation of 2020 and migrating the data from a new default_cat.mdb file, creating a new pinlist table and record works, Kind of. The table gets created and the recnum column gets seeded but not key'd. Can anyone using SQL please verify they get the same result? I really would like to figure out what is going on here. I noticed that all the other pinlist tables that got created when the data was migrated had their recnum column seeded and key'd. This is inconsistent but I don't really care as long as it works. I have also noticed in our domain environment that while using windows connection option a pinlist table gets created but for that specific user as in: \\domain\user_pinlist_mfg. this is unacceptable for sharing purposes so we will have to use a shared sql account. 

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

J. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JeffatPrimex
in reply to: JeffatPrimex

I guess not a lot of people here are using the SQL mode for AutoCAD Electrical. Well I finally figured it out. All the tables need to have their recnum fields indexed and seeded. Having so many tables it was hard to spot until I tried a SQL export to MS Access then back again. Anyway if anyone else runs into this issue I hope this helps. Somehow it even fixed the domain group issue. 

I really had hoped that when SQL mode came out that it was going to be plug n play with their Vault product which from what I hear can replicate across wide area networks. 

Draft On!

J.

Message 3 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: JeffatPrimex

IMHO... The SQL implementation isn't very good.
You lose a lot of functionality and it just isn't as user friendly to manipulate as an access database.
And, as you've experienced, it's not THAT much faster over a wan.
As it only implements the catalog and footprint databases, you still have to have a lot of access databases lying around anyways.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta