Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoenix Contact I/O Blocks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2989 Views, 2 Replies

Phoenix Contact I/O Blocks

New to AutoCAD Electrical and beginning to flounder...

I am looking for Phonix Contact I/O modules. They are apparently not included in the standard release or maybe they are and I don't know where to look.

I have a few questions. I hope they make sense:

1) Are these something a user would generate from scratch if they were not available from the vendor? Seems like a daunting task. Does it make sense to copy and modify an existing drawing?

2) If they are available from the vendor or from AutoDesk, how would I go about obtaining them and preparing them for my use? Like I said, I'm new to this.

I appreciate any and all help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CAD-ICE
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

you need to get aquinted with the PLC Database editior (located under "Schematic/Other tools" tab (see attached image). In this tool you can copy an existing I/O module preferrably similar to the one you need to create and edit the copied module. Hope this helps you on your way...

Regards, Gary

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Thank you. I will give it a try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report