AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF bookmark format

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
904 Views, 7 Replies

PDF bookmark format

I would like to use the drawing number and not the filename as the pdf bookmark when exporting a project.  Is this possible?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you use SSM?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

No. I thought the project manager structure replaced the sheet set manager. To be honest, I've never used the sheet set manager before. Have you used sheet sets within autocad electrical?
Message 4 of 8
jseefdrumr

I myself have never used SSM, I'd trust pendean's guidance there. I can say, however, that there should be no problems using this or any other vanilla plotting commands that don't come with Electrical. The ACADE version of Publish doesn't do anything special besides streamlining the process for you by only including drawings in the active project and keeping them in order for you.

You'll likely have to go through some setup tasks to get it all working the way you want, but in the long run there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to use vanilla commands for plotting while using ACADE.
(Keep in mind, though, that if you add/delete sheets from the project, you may need to adjust your setup for SSM.)

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jseefdrumr

I'll take a look at the SSM.  I was hoping there was something within AutoCAD Electrical to manage this setup.  It sounds tedious trying to manage the SSM as my project increases in size.

I'm curious what governs autocad grabbing the "filename" and "layout" tab name and "description 1" entry to generate the pdf bookmark.  It seems like there should be a file somewhere I could update to change the fields it's grabbing...

Message 6 of 8
rhesusminus

Those settings are hardcoded into AcadE unfortunately.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Bummer.

Message 8 of 8
maratovich

You can change the names of the tabs after creating the PDF, but this requires an additional program.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Software development
Automatic creation layouts and viewport. Batch printing drawings from model.
www.kdmsoft.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta