AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric PLC Generation Scaling Issue

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
connor_watson83XM2
441 Views, 12 Replies

Parametric PLC Generation Scaling Issue

When I generate a PLC in any drawing, the scaling is always off. I have attached a picture to show what I am getting. I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2023.

connor_watson83XM2_0-1685448799360.png

Tags (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
alds02
in reply to: connor_watson83XM2

Knowing that module, I am guessing that you created that entry in the PLC database yourself. Is the scaling also off for modules that you didn't create (came with installation)?

Screenshots from your dialog box prompts and of the database entry might help.

Message 3 of 13
connor_watson83XM2
in reply to: alds02

I created the PLC module myself but it has the same issue with other modules that I did not create. I have not changed any of the module box dimensions and attached a screenshot of the style box dimensions and the module layout prompt.

connor_watson83XM2_2-1685455103988.png

connor_watson83XM2_1-1685454972438.png

Message 4 of 13

Is this just you using the IEC symbols in an Imperial unit drawing?

If you insert other symbols, like a Coil, is it the correct size?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 13

@alds02  is looking for the scaling factor on your module to see if you have applied something specific

is your drawing using english or metric spacing? try a different number here...

jamesmcmillanNYR6A_0-1685457673328.png

Message 6 of 13

The issue is only occurring with graphics style 4 which leads me to believe that I have all of the project settings configured correctly. All other components except parametric build connectors insert with the proper scaling.

Message 7 of 13
alds02
in reply to: connor_watson83XM2

Wow. Hmm.

Did you already try the parametric PLC and parametric connector in a demo project (such as NFPADEMO if using inches)? If not, please give that a try and see how it works.

Message 8 of 13
connor_watson83XM2
in reply to: alds02

I have tried all of the configurations I have had scaling issues with in the IEC60617DEMO project and have had no issues. I have copied my library and icon menu paths from the demo project but am using a custom template.

Message 9 of 13

In the properties of the project, where are the library files stored?

testsubject_0-1685460961084.png

This is where I have my files set for NFPA projects.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 10 of 13

connor_watson83XM2_0-1685462902925.png

Message 11 of 13

So the module would create correctly for every style except graphic 4? And you have modified the blocks of this style to your own design?

Message 12 of 13

In post #3, you show NFPA spacing with an IEC Symbol (graphics #4)

In post #10, you are showing IEC symbols.

These can't be mixed. If you want to use IEC, then you have to use IEC spacing. I would recommend using a scalar of 5mm for your spacing (Maybe start with 20)

I don't use IEC any more so do not remember the common spacing.

You also might want to change the Pneumatic and Hydraulic menus to the mm style (pneu_mm and Hyd_mm)

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 13 of 13

I fixed the issue by changing the width and multi-wire spacing in the drawing format tab of the project properties to 400 and 20 respectively as well as changing the feature scale multiplier to 0.05. I believe that this was caused by the custom template being a non standard scale for an a2 sheet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report