AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open and Save are Slow

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alds02
362 Views, 4 Replies

Open and Save are Slow

Overnight between Monday and Tuesday, AutoCAD Electrical became very slow and mostly I have it narrowed down to saving and opening files. That would affect cross-references, etc. so I'm fairly confident this is where the lag occurs. This was simply finishing work on Monday, and starting up everything exactly the same (same project) on Tuesday. Nothing was altered.

After a lot of experimentation, I finally tried logging in to my company VPN, which would reconnect the network drives. Once the network drives were connected, the lag disappeared!

However, I have been working at the same customer site for months, NOT using my office ACADE setup at all, having everything set up for my local C drive or the customer network drive. This hasn't been an issue, and I didn't change anything.

Is this possibly just a Windows issue?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
testsubject
in reply to: alds02

I work offline (synced folders) all the time and only have problems when working remotely AND being connected to the company server (VPN). Accessing files located on the server takes time for it go to the server. If offline, I am working with the "local" unsynced copy and it is much faster.

It does sound like it might be a Windows thing.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 5
rhesusminus

I've seen a couple of tickets of this on Autodesk Support lately also. Probably some windows update then....

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 5
alds02

That's bad news. I already have trouble with Rockwell software that I can't quite pinpoint but seems related to network drives or VPN. AutoCAD Electrical used to be my only robust software.

Message 5 of 5
alds02

It is really rough working in the following situation: at a customer site, they just want a few markups corrected. Mapping their drive isn't necessary, I don't need their catalog or symbols. However I don't want to change their project properties either, because the customer may do more to the project after I leave. Thus nearly everything I try to do in AutoCAD Electrical is accompanied by an immense pause because my laptop is not connected to anything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta