AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object snap doesn't work when using move attribute

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
coup2792DZ7
1003 Views, 3 Replies

Object snap doesn't work when using move attribute

Hi,

I would like to use the move attribute command, draw a window around 48 attributes, pick from the middle right of the first one and move (which all works up to this point) and snap onto a construction line. The snap onto the construction line doesn't work, it just doesn't show up.

It seems my choices are either do it by eye, or move each one (on 10 pages, so 480), the required distance manually, as you also can't select multiple attributes, move, and enter a value, either.

Any help on why the two above don't work?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: coup2792DZ7

I get the same in 2021, the object snap works while selecting the initial move point but doesn't work for the destination point.

Try holding down the CTRL key while selecting the attributes outside of the Move Attribute command.

Then moving one attribute will move them all with the Object Snap working properly.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
jseefdrumr

I've never used the Move Attribute command, but I can definitely say that using CTRL+left click instead doesn't seem to affect my OSNAPS at all.

The big drawback there is, you can't select the attributes with a window. You have to click on each one individually.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 4 of 4
coup2792DZ7

Thank you both for your replies.

I have just tried the Ctrl method and it works a treat. The loss of the window function isn't a deal breaker and this method will save me a lot of time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report