AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Conductor Listing

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
937 Views, 13 Replies

No Conductor Listing

Hello,

I am having an issue with conductor colors not transfering to cable markers as they are inserted into my schematics. See attached images. They do show up in the catalog appropriately but shows "no conductor listing" when I try to change over colors. I know that correct catalog that we have updated is the one my project is pulling from. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jacob Miller

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
ramesh.kambang
in reply to: Anonymous

Try this option:

1. first, insert the multicore cable marker and select the numbers of cores it will bring up Insert/Edit Cable Marker (Parent wire) dialogue box.
  2. click lookup and select the multicore cable catalogue
  3. acade automatically populate the Wire Color/ID with the first conductor color defined in the database.
  4. Click OK
  5. acade automatically populate the rest of the conductor colors per the database color sequence

Ramesh Kambang
Aerospace System/Design Engineer and eVTOL/EWIS Expert
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: ramesh.kambang

Thank you for the reply. It appears the problem is at step 3. After adding the multicore conductor catalogue, it does not populate the Wire Color/ID on the parent.

Message 4 of 14
ramesh.kambang

If the cable marker symbol is already placed, it won't work. You need to start from scratch and define the catalog during cable marker insertion, not after the cable and child are placed. 

Ramesh Kambang
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

This was done with a brand new cable marker I inserting into my drawing. I've also attempted to rebuild the project as well and start another new cable marker insertion with no success.

Message 6 of 14
ramesh.kambang

Are you also using a Secondary Catalog database? Or you may have multiple Catalog Databases. Double-check the path which one is used for your project. 

Ramesh Kambang
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

I have the catalog setup for a single lookup file for my project. I also went through all my support file search paths and the catalog I am using is the only one the shows up.

Message 8 of 14
ramesh.kambang

It works on mine. If the conductor colours are defined in the database correctly, it should populate. Does it allow to add conductor colour manually? Alternative you can post your dwg file, acade members can have a look?

cbl.png

Ramesh Kambang
Message 9 of 14
rhesusminus

Just tried to replicate your settings, and it works fine here. Can you zip up and share the default_cat.mdb so we can have a look at it?

2021-07-24_09-27-12.png

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 10 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thank you for the reply. I'm actually dealing with a customer file for this and don't believe I can share this. However, I did test the default_cat for base ACADE and that appears to be working fine so it definitely seems to be a catalog issue. Do you have any ideas I can do to the catalog itself that may fix the issue?

Message 11 of 14
Icemanau

Have you checked that the catalogue entry you are selecting is correct?

Go to Catalogue Lookup and look at the Title Bar just above the catalogue listing (it should be titled Results). At the far right there should be two icons. A Star which is greyed out and a Pencil.

Select the entry you want to use and then click on the pencil.

Now scroll across and make sure the colours are set up correctly in the entry.

Compare them against another entry that you can confirm does work properly.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 14
rhesusminus

What I've done in some cases, is to use the Migration tool within AutoCAD Electrical to just "copy" the original default_cat.mdb to a new default_cat.mdb. The migration tool WILL process the entries in some way.
So, this is the first thing I'd try.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

I appreciate all the help but couldn't get it to work based on the information given here. However, it seems that I have figured a solution to fix this. I had to go into the wd.env environment file and override the location of the catalog parts database path (WD_CAT). It seems I can pull the information from the customers catalog, outside of the color codes, just fine before updating this path. Not sure why this path update is required for color codes to work but this is the solution I have for now. 

Message 14 of 14
ramesh.kambang

Unless you modify the catalog location in your working wd.env file, acade uses the default catalog from C:\Users\username\Documents\Acade 2022\AeData\en-US\Catalogs. In acade the wd.env file is the main configuration file which controls the acade. 

Ramesh Kambang

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report