AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new symbol having 2 part numbers

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
snorcisa7FS8E
459 Views, 4 Replies

new symbol having 2 part numbers

I have a relay symbol for use in a schematic. The actual relay also uses a socket. I have the symbol set up so that when you use it the part number for the relay is loaded automaticly, but is it possible to have the socket part number loaded automaticly as well? I know you can add it after it's placed but I want it to come in when placed if possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
OP21
in reply to: snorcisa7FS8E

In your source relay block, just add MFG01, CAT01 and ASSY01 attributes. You can predefine the subcomponent with catalog data, this way if it is a frequently used one just set it and forget it :).  You can also add I believe up to 99 sub components this way as well... Especially handy for cabinets and all their sub-components.

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 3 of 5
snorcisa7FS8E
in reply to: OP21

In addition to the "MFG" "CAT" "ASSY"? So the "MFG01" would be for the socket and the "MFG" would be for the relay?

Message 4 of 5
OP21
in reply to: snorcisa7FS8E

Sure.  Main component "MFG" and subcomponents "MFGXX" <- these will appear under the Multiple Catalog assignments .

Ex: 

OP21_0-1606750213417.png

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 5 of 5
snorcisa7FS8E
in reply to: OP21

Thank you!

That did it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta