AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to add company's part numbers to catalog tables

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
keithjk
694 Views, 4 Replies

Need to add company's part numbers to catalog tables

What is the best method to add our part numbers to the catalog tables? It looks to me that I should add them to the USER1 field. Or does anyone have a better approach? It is necessary for our engineers to see our company part numbers when inserting components.

Also, is it possible to display our part numbers in the "Insert / Edit Component" dialog box? (See attached). Changing the .dcl file is easy enough but I can't find the lisp code that supports it. I am assuming the lisp code is compiled to a .fas file?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: keithjk

Hello,
It can be done. We did it 5 or so years ago when we started using ACADE (actually VIASchematic then) Unfortunately I don't remember exactly what we did. Our internal part number shows up under the "catalog" heading. We put the manufacturer's catalog number under the"User1" heading. If I remember correctly it involved just moving and renaming columns in the catalog lookup.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Chad

Message 3 of 5
keithjk

Chad,

I considered that also. And I do believe all I need to do is rename the database columns.

It seems that there a several approaches to this. Would like to hear feedback from others to see what/how they added the part numbers. My ACE instructor suggested using USER1 for the part numbers or he said some people just create the own company database that only have their part numbers.

Anyone else have suggestions or experiences with this?

Keith
Message 4 of 5
keithjk

Chad,

I considered that also. And I do believe all I need to do is rename the database columns.

It seems that there a several approaches to this. Would like to hear feedback from others to see what/how they added the part numbers. My ACE instructor suggested using USER1 for the part numbers or he said some people just create the own company database that only have their part numbers.

Anyone else have suggestions or experiences with this?

Keith
Message 5 of 5
dougmcalexander

USER1 is the appropriate field to use for your internal part number. Additionally you could use USER2 and USER3 for things like warehouse and bin location. When you generate your BOM, you can click Change Report Format and change the Column names as desired.

If you want to assign only your part numbers to components consider populating the MISC_CAT table with your custom entries and setting the project properties to default to the MISC_CAT table during a Lookup (see attached screen image). Edited by: dougmcalexander on Mar 14, 2009 4:11 AM

Doug McAlexander
Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor
Specializing in AutoCAD Electrical Implementation Support
Phone: (770) 841-8009
www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report