AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Bus Source/Destination Symbol

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
510 Views, 2 Replies

Multiple Bus Source/Destination Symbol

This may be a pipe dream, and there may well be good reasons it doesn't exist, but I'm looking for a way to do multiple wire Source/Destination symbol.  Below is an example of how we have handled going from one sheet to another for decades.  The "bubble" inciates the two sheets involved (the top and bottom numbers) and a sequential enumerator. (the middle letter) This simple method visually indicates all that is needed.  However, that doesn't work in AutoCAD Electrical.  In order to get wire numbers to carry across, I need a S/D pair for each wire.  Or do a cable fan-in and out, which doesn't always apply since in many cases these are individual wires, not a cable.

I want to be able to drop a symbol on a multiconductor bus and be able to signal that over to another sheet and carry wire numbers along with it.  A stand alone cross reference symbol could be used for the visual part and add some connectivity, but wouldn't carry wire numbers across.

Any ideas?  Does that even make sense?

Bubbles.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, after some playing around with it, I can easily make a source/destination pair with multiple wire connections.  However, the code isn't there to deal with more than one wire number.  Maybe this would be better over in the IdeaStation.

Message 3 of 3
TRLitsey
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

Not sure if this will help but here goes.

For spanning, you can only have a single unique source arrow but it can point to as many destination arrows as you want. Just make sure the code for the source arrow is unique like 24DC_122_BD0, 24DC_121_BD3.  If there a duplicate source codes ACE with get confused with which one to update.  The description can be anything at all.  See attached.

For what I think you are asking you could also try breaking the wire and replacing just a piece with a polyline. That will allow you to renumber the wires with unique numbers on either side of the polyline but it sounds like you already are doing this with fan in fan out.  The last thing I might suggest would be to use the stock menu terminal that allows a wire number to change when it passes through the terminal.  Don’t use that myself but may get you where you are trying to go.

Good luck

wire_to-from.png

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report