AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing attribute in symbol builder image

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
love.lustig
257 Views, 6 Replies

Missing attribute in symbol builder image

I'm creating a basic user defined terminal with attributes both above and below. These attributes have a tag name, a prompt and a value of XX. I want the value XX to be visible on the image that is created when I save but it is not. 

On other symbols I have created it works fine, I can't figure out why this one is not working. Any ideas?

I have attached both Image .png file and the .dwg file.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
alds02
in reply to: love.lustig

Looks fine when I drag it into a file:

alds02_0-1692103195181.png

Delete all instances from your drawing and use the purge command. Then try again. Does that work?

Message 3 of 7
love.lustig
in reply to: alds02

Yes, the symbol works as intended. But the image dosen't show the attribute values for some reason.

Message 4 of 7
rhesusminus

The texts are there, they're just located outside of the square image because AutoCAD Electrical doesn't pay attention to the text justification of the attributes when generating the preview 😞

Adding some graphics will show them....

rhesusminus_0-1692256089678.png

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 7
love.lustig
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thats intresting. I wonder why the attributes is vissible on some images but not others. I can't seem to find any differences.

Message 6 of 7
rhesusminus

I guess it has to do with the location/justification of the attributes in the other symbols. If you can post an example symbol where it works, maybe we can figure this out.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 7 of 7
galashkina

galashkina_0-1692706836215.png

I changed the properties of the TAG1 and LOC attributes to visible.

The attachment contains the modified file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta