AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Databas Engine 2016 issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
juan.c.ayala
601 Views, 4 Replies

Microsoft Databas Engine 2016 issues

We are currently using AutoCAD Electrical 2018 and we have had issues from the start. The main issue is getting Microsoft Database Engine 2016 64-bit installed. Our office currently uses the 32-bit version of Office applications due to most of our engineering applications requiring Excel 32-bit. We have been able to get AutoCAD Electrical 2018 installed on a clean PC but as soon as Office 2016 32-bit is installed AutoCAD Electrical reports the error "Cannot Access AutoCAD Application Interface" in a window with the header title "Project Database Service". Is there a way to have AutoCAD Electrical 2018 64bit and Office 32-Bit coexist?

We believe the issue is with Microsoft Access Database Engine 64bit and Office 32-bit. I am also sending this to Microsoft as this may be more of a Microsoft problem than Autodesk but I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing a similar issue.

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

If you have any 32-bit office products are installed,  64bit acade causes a lot of problems; xref updates, wire numbering etc. Unfortunately, acade 2019 and onwards are 646 bits only. The only way to fix this is to have the same bit of acade and office products. 

Ramesh Kambang
Aerospace System/Design Engineer and eVTOL/EWIS Expert
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question.
Message 3 of 5
acad4BWUTW
in reply to: juan.c.ayala

Regarding the reported error, unfortunately, from time to time it also occurs in PC with Autocad 2021 64bit and Office 2019 64 bit or Office 365 64bit

Message 4 of 5
ramesh.kambang
in reply to: acad4BWUTW

I haven't used the office 2019 yet, but my (and a couple of clients') problems were fixed by installing 64bit office and  2016 database engine (64bit) for acade 2021. It has been 3 months now, no issues reported. 

Ramesh Kambang
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Message 5 of 5

Further to my previous post, acade 2018 works only with Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010. But the acade 2021 must use Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016. 

Ramesh Kambang

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta