AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumpers on Footprints not Displayed in Annotation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
437 Views, 4 Replies

Jumpers on Footprints not Displayed in Annotation

I am trying to implement a custom component which includes jumpers between Terminals 4 & 5 (TERM02 & TERM03). This is the parent block, and those terminals are always jumpered together in our application. I added the WD_JUMPERS with the value of (("02" "03")), but when I place the footprint block, and run my Wire Annotation on the block, the jumper is not shown. What am I doing wrong on the component? I've attached the component in question.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jody.

I'm really confused here.
The WD_JUMPERS attribute are used for "internal connections" within a component, to make sure a wire connected to those two connection posint keep the same wire number for example.
There's no physical jumper.
Also, wire annotations are just texts, and not graphics, if you expect a jumper to show up.

Can you describe more in detail what you want, and then maybe we can help?

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

The component that I attached in the original post was the schematic relay coil. I would like my footprint annotation to be able to have the jumper between pins 4 and 5 (TERM02 & TERM03) populated from the Wire Annotation command and not have to go in and manually enter it into the MTEXT block. 

Also, I get a weird behavior when I have the schematic symbol set up the current way (as in the attached component). If I were to place the component in a drawing and then either do a swap/update and update the block, or stretch a wire to, say..., TERM01 coming from the left, the wire bypasses X4TERM01 and goes straight to X4TERM03 (see before and after on attached images).

Would it be better to have the 6-5 coil a separate component than the 4-3 double coil arrangement? And just have one of them be the parent and one a child?

Message 4 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

For your symbol, you should tak away the connection point attributes (X?TERM??) where you can't attach a wire. Just keep the TERM?? attribute.

I also believe you should split up your symbol as you described, and for the connection points that should be jumpered, use a custom wire type named "JUMPER".
If you, in your annotations, include the wire type, and then the texts should say "JUMPER" at least. 

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: rhesusminus

There are three basic questions which will clarify how you draw the multiple coils...

Are the jumpers internal to the relay itself?

Draw one block and only have the two external contact points with the wire connection attributes.

Are the jumpers external metal links on the pins of the relay?

Draw these jumpers on the Jumper layer and place a text note indicating that they are metal jumpers.

Are the jumpers wired into the pins using wires?

Treat these as normal wires and draw the wires on the appropriate layer. Also spread the coils out a bit. this will allow you to number the wires properly.

I regulary use a high speed latching relay which has a NC delayed opening contact in series with the coil. Nine time out of ten, the contact is wired to the coil internally but still needs to be shown in the dwg. I created a coil block that showed both the contact and coil with the one wire connection point on the coil and the other on the contact. The internal connection was shown as part of the block.

The rare times that the contact is not wired internally , I just use the appropriate blocks and draw it in as a normal external contact.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report