AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting Manufacturer Drawing In Place of Terminal Block Graphic

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
463 Views, 1 Reply

Inserting Manufacturer Drawing In Place of Terminal Block Graphic

Hello,

I'd like to insert the manufacturer scaled drawing in place of the terminal block graphic, in the terminal block layout, to get more accurate size when I design panels, any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

If you think that the terminal footprint supplied by the manufacturer via Autodesk is not accurate, you can edit the Footprint Lookup database and redirect the software to use your footprint symbol preference, or you could rename your block to match the ones supplied by Autodesk and replace theirs with yours.  This will save the time of updating the Footprint Lookup database.  I have done that myself, numerous times.  Of course back everything up in case you ever need to revert to the original versions for whatever reason.

For example, the Entrelec terminal block footprints are upside down when inserted vertically.  That is because they were rotated incorrectly by whoever added the attributes to make the blocks compatible with Terminal Strip Editor. I rotated them for my panels.  I also added color to the blocks to make them appear onscreen in gray, yellow, green, etc.  As part of the content I provide to those who attend my training classes, I provide my customized blocks.  I kept the block name the same, so all they need to do is overwrite the existing block files in the appropriate Panel subfolder.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta