AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide or unhide symbols and wires based on attributes name?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
171 Views, 2 Replies

How to hide or unhide symbols and wires based on attributes name?

Hello,

I am working on one-line diagrams that show transmission lines built in a different time period. Currently, parts of the diagram are encircled to indicate a different construction time period. I am assigned to add in a feature. I wonder if it is possible to have a time attribute embedded, so that I hide or unhide the symbols and wires based on the time period using the attributes name as a parameter.

sincerely,

Paul

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

To further elaborate, I am trying to combine 5 AutoCAD drawings into one. It took the company 5 separate constructions to rebuild a switching station. Now there are 5 drawings to show 5 phases of construction. However, we find it inconvenient to peruse 5 different drawings to identify the changes.

My objective is to include a time parameter into the drawings, so that I can hide or unhide the circuits within the same drawing and see the changes of different phases more easily. 

Message 3 of 3
ramesh.kambang
in reply to: Anonymous

You can create different layers for changes and place the blocks and wires there. But you wont be able to transfer all attributes to the required layer as you wanted because in ACADE, the attributes have pre-defined layers in drawing properties>Drawing format>Layers>define. In other words the following attributes will stay in their pre-defined layers by default. 

rameshkambang_0-1689579652646.png

But there is an option to do by ticking "Applying to entities on layer 0 only". By default when symbol attributes are in 0 layer,  AutoCAD Electrical toolset inserts a component, it moves the parts and pieces of the symbol to the category layers listed in this dialog box.

As you do not want an attribute or the graphics of a specific electrical symbol block to move to the defined AutoCAD Electrical toolset layers, create your symbol with the entities on some layer other than 0, and then tick this box.

This option may work for you but you may need to create extra symbols or switch layers (from 0 to something else) for symbol attributes . 

Ramesh Kambang
Aerospace System/Design Engineer and eVTOL/EWIS Expert
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report